Thursday, June 08, 2006

Going to Colorado

Greetings friends:

I hope all has been going well with everyone. I've really wanted to update this before now but was traveling from Dallas to Sterling (New York), setting up a house, starting rehearsals with the new BTM, working on the new shoot AND preparing for the opening weekend of the Colorado Renaissance Festival.

I am sitting in the Syracuse airport as I write this at 6 in the morning.

But yes! We'll be at the opening weekend of Colorado. We performed there years ago (17? 18? 19?) - I know that "Esmeralda" was actually born there (I think it was our second year of Scarborough) - so I'm excited about seeing the changes in the festival, getting together with old friends and, of course, performing at that festival again. We'll be there this weekend only and then back to New York to prepare for a summer of performing and projects. The Lost Princess soundtrack will be released by Sterling's opening weekend. And we will be shooting the new "Adventure" starting in July. Sterling has a bunch of new BTM (actors) this year. I've had the pleasure of working with them while assisting Gary Izzo. I really love the attitude of Sterling; non-competitive play, freeing up the imagination and working in a beautiful environment. I think it was Browning who said: "What is so rare as a day in June for then, if ever, come perfect days." - Well that is what June in Upstate New York can be like (it can also be stormy and cold). The trees are a vivid green - my friend "The Cardinal Tallini" said that the word verdant really fits this time of year.

2 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Miguel,

How are you doing on this fine and glorious day? I am doing great. I also wanted to let you know that I really miss you and I am really grateful that we are friennds.

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don Juan, the greatest lover and sword fighter-poet of all time!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home