Sunday, January 08, 2006

Farewell Wally....

Friends:

We are here in "Toon Town" working on the finishing touches for Sarah Mullen's new harp CD and we've just received some very sad news.

Our good friend Danny Lord's workmate, companion and duck Wally passed away last evening of unknown causes. Wally was far more than a "pet", but also a partner, companion and intricate part of Danny's show. I've just spoken to him and he is, understandable quite upset. Our hearts go out to Danny. He did say, though,that he felt lucky that he and Wally were part of "The Lost Princess" ("the Junque scene", "Lost and Found") as now Wally has been immortalized as part of our Rennie world.

Danny's loss and sorrow remind me of really how important pets and "animal friends" are in our lives..How we are enriched by their compassion, loyalty and simple needs.

Wally....may you find beautiful waters, rich foods and fine flocks of friends........

6 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Miguel,

How are you doing on this fine and glorious day? I'm doing great. I'd like to send my respects to Wallu. I will see you in April.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Don Juan & Miguel said...

Thank you Ali...I am well. I will send your respects on to Danny.....

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danny probably does not know who I am.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Farewell Wally....
I met a man who said his best friend is a duck.
"A duck?" I said.
"Wally." Said he.
"What does he do?" I said.
"He's funny." Said he.
"Does he juggle? Does he talk? Does he stand on his head? Does he sing Italian opera? What makes this duck so special?" I said.
"He's my friend." Said he, and went on his way.
Happy skies, Wally...Bret

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOME PEOPLE LAUGH AT US THAT LOVE OUR ANIMALS, TO SOME THEY ARE OUR CHILDREN. WALLY HAS MET THE ANGELS OF THE FLOCK AND WILL HAVE WARM WEATHER, LOTS OF FOOD AND MANY FRIENDS WITH HIM. HE MIGHT BE GONE, BUT WILL BE IN OUR HEARTS FOREVER.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Don Juan & Miguel said...

Amen to our Animal Friends! Take a look at www.blinddogentertainment.com to see some momento photos of Wally!

Anyone going to the Arizona Festival will be able to share regrets with Danny...he'll be there (somewhere)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home