Sunday, June 08, 2008

Scarborough to Sterling...a time between

Greetings friends, family and fans! Welcome new readers!

Ah, Scarborough has ended. I guess that's old news now...it has been two weekends.

We want to thank you all for a truly delightful run. I can't remember when the weather was better, or the crowds larger. Thanks for all the sharing, blessings, beauty, love and friendship we shared. I look forward to seeing everyone next season.

Sarah Mullen and Cyrus Rua were married in the Wedding Garden at Scarborough Faire on Friday, May 30 at around 6 in the evening. Friends and family were in attendance, the bride was stunning (the groom looked pretty good as well) and the service was conducted by friend and fellow Rennie Adam (also known as Santiago from the excellent group Clan Tinker). The service was lovely - I cried. The reception was excellent with a truly wonderful swing band from Austin named Yogadjo. Lots of drinks, dancing and laughs! Congratulations Sarah and Cyrus.

(For those of you who may not know, Sarah is a "Blind Dogger" - we've produced 3 CDs for her and are working on #4)

Newsy Stuff:

We received some cool national "coverage" during the run of Scarborough Faire. Martha Gay's and Max Dyer's "Heartstrings" (produced by Blind Dog and Yours Truly) got what I've heard called a "review to live for" in issue 60 of Renaissance Magazine and our documentary "An Inside Look" got a great review in the following - wedding issue - of Renaissance Magazine, issue #61. We appreciate their support. Go to their website and check 'em out! www.renaissancemagazine.com/movies/lost.html.

Also we were interviewed (along with Terry Foy - Zilch the Tory Steller) for an edition of NPR's "Weekend America". Julie Barton did the interview. She grew up at Scarborough; her folks had an Early Music group out at Scarborough (I remember singing Madrigals with them). The interview was fun. Because of it RESCU is now linked to their website! (huzzah). You can read/hear the interview (if you download the show, we're at the end of the program) at:
http://weekendamerica.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/05/22/ren_fair/.

STERLING:

I'm sitting at Glen Ethel (home of Hey Nunnie Nunnie!) and have just mowed their (huge) lawn. We start rehearsals for Sterling in two days! The vibe is good. I have a feeling the year will be historic and excellent. There are so many new shows, so many familiar faces as well - plus the BTM is fully charged. Come see us and support the newness of it all!

Last Note:

You can Google BLADIVARIUS!!!!

That's all for now.

Be well. Be clear. Plan on voting.

3 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hun,

How are you? I am doing great. I hope you are having a great week so far. I really miss you guys.

-Ali

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Howdy you!Hope all is well.

Shoot me out an email when you get the chance!:)I miss those.

Hugs!

--Danielle

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys, I'm so glad you are coming back to Sterling. I can't wait to see your show, I look forward to it every year! Also, yeah, the fate of the Ren fest was pretty iffy for there a while, but I'm happy it all worked out. Frankly, I wouldn't know what I'd do without it. Anyway be well, and have fun. That's the point eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home