Wednesday, April 02, 2008

On the way to Scarborough Faire

Greetings faithful readers, fans and friends! Here's hoping that life is bringing you much joy!

Well, Arizona is at an end for 2008 and Scarborough opens in but a few days. The Arizona run was truly great this season. SO much fun! SO many folks came and laughed and chatted and laughed again. We had near perfect weather (some chilly and some gusty days) and near perfect attendance. I think we broke records, if not, we at least came close. We met some new people and made some new friends.

We got to know the new (young) whip-master Adam Crack (not his real name thank God!). We even got involved with him at the festival's in-house talent show. Don Juan, I, Adam and Ricki and Jef (Tortugas) performed a "whip ballet" on a Saturday night - complete with pinks Tu-tus and blond wigs while Frank (Cast in Bronze) performed a disturbing version of the Blue Danube Waltz on the carollon! It went over swimmingly and should be posted on You Tube sometime in the near future. I'll let you know the details when I find them out.

Yes, all-in-all Arizona was a lot of fun. I love being neighbors with Hey Nunnie Nunnie!, Fool Hearty, Clan Tinker, the jousters and more. I cherish our early morning coffee clutches - so much laughter, so many fine ideas shared. SO much love expressed - it's truly a gift.

And now I'm "on the road again". Travelling from my home near Kingman to Waxahachie. Alas alack my truck broke down in Tucumcari! (poop!). The dealership here says they will have it fixed today (Wednesday) and I should be on the road again later this afternoon. We'll see. At least I have time to work on the Blog! I had lunch at a terrific local place called "Dell's". If you drive through Tucumcari (off of US 40) - I'd recommend it. Good food, nice folks, lovely atmosphere! A few friends (Hey Nunnie Nunnie) are behind me and have offered their help. Hopefully I won't need it. If I'm not at Scarborough Saturday, you'll all know why. Actually - as my Mom used to say "Come Hell or high water I'll be there!"

An update on the Tucumcari stop-over. My truck was fixed. And is being fixed again. Luckily I was only ten miles out of town when the problem reared its head again. Seems like I need a fuel pump. Ah well. Tucumcari Tonight!

Oh, I do want to put in my two cents about the upcoming presidential elections. It's interesting to me that we at Renaissance Festivals represent a time of Monarchy. You know, Democracy is really a much better idea. So, this coming November, please exercise a "right" that millions of people on this planet wished they had, and that is the right to vote. Please VOTE!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, you're alive! Sorry about the truck.

The whip ballet sounds both funny and disturbing. Can't wait to see it! Make sure someone posts it.

Hugs!

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Miguel,

How are you doing today? I am doing great. I am getting so excited about seeing all of y'all at Scarborough Faire on Sunday.

-Ali

 

Post a Comment

<< Home